Top 12 Initial Questions To Ask A Roofing Contractor
It is important to choose a roofing contractor that will do a professional job. The Better Business Bureau and other consumer organizations receive thousands of complaints each year about roofing contractors. Most states do not have very many or any regulations for roofing contractors or installers. They also don’t have specific building codes. When it comes to roofing your house, this creates a “buyer beware” situation. You still have the possibility of being ripped off by a contractor who doesn’t do their job properly. The entry cost to roofing is relatively low so there are many people who aren’t properly trained and a few who are just plain deceitful.
- What length of time have you been in the business?
- What is the location of your business? Are you local to the CSRA area?
- Who is the owner of your business and how long has it been in their possession?
- Do you have some previous jobs that I can see?
- Who will install my roof? Is it employees or sub-contractors who will be installing my roof?
- Which training and experience has the crew received? Are they certified by the manufacturer of my roof?
- When are you able to schedule me for work?
- What is the time frame for my project?
- Are you licensed and certified? Insurance? Workers’ Comp?
- Do I need a building permit for my project? If so, how do you obtain one?
- What are your safety measures for your workers?
- What are your recommendations to protect my family and my home?
Impact Roofing & Construction is the first choice for a reliable and trustworthy roofing company in Evans/Augusta. Impact Roofing & Construction will not disappoint with unprofessional or poor workmanship. Call us at 706-833-36775 for commercial and residential roofing services. Our professional team can assist you no matter if your roof is damaged, in need of an emergency roof repair or simply worn out.