Tips for Maintaining and Cleaning Your Gutters
Why Are Gutters Important?
How Often Do You Clean Your Gutters?
Cleaning Dirty Gutters
Signs You Need to Clean Your Gutters
- If you can see visible debris around the gutter edges when standing at ground level.
- If your gutters have standing water.
- If your gutters are leaking or dripping.
- If water is pouring over the tops of your gutters during precipitation, instead of flowing out of the downspout.
- If you find that pests or other animals are living in your gutters.
- If your gutter spikes have been damaged.
- If downspout rivets have become loose or fallen out.
- If you see rust water has likely caused damage to your gutters’ paint and/or strength.
Maintenance: More than Cleaning
- Check for cracks or damage to your gutters while you clean them. You can run some water through your gutters while you’re there to check for damage and holes. To prevent further damage, seal any damaged areas with silicone or caulk.
- Install gutter guards to your current gutter system. These covers prevent debris and other objects from clogging your gutters. They attach to the gutter and act as a strainer. Water can pass through, but larger debris is blocked. To divert more water away from your home, you might also consider installing an extension to your downspout or an irrigation pipe.
- If patching and cleaning are not enough to solve your problems, it might be time for a gutter replacement or repair. A whole section may need to be replaced if there are large cracks or splits. Sagging gutters may be a sign that your gutters are no longer functioning properly and need to be replaced.
We can help you, whether you need to install new gutters or guards on your house or if your current gutter system is in dire need of an upgrade. We won’t disappoint you with unprofessional service or poor workmanship. If you’re in need of an Augusta and Evans GA gutters specialist, contact us today.