Many homeowners don’t realize that storm damage is covered by their insurance plans. Even the ones who do don’t always recognize the signs of roof damage. While some types of damage are very apparent, here are five commonly overlooked signs that your roof has storm damage:
- Missing, torn, or creased shingles
- Bruised asphalt shingles or dented metal shingles
- Dents on vents, gutters or flashing
- Leaks or water spots on interior ceilings
- Piles of shingle granules in gutters
If you see any of these indicators or suspect that your roof has storm damage, DON’T WAIT to get a professional opinion! Some insurers won’t cover damage that results from lack of maintenance and prevention.